This is a delicious cake for any occasion, a really moist chocolate cake that’s almost more like a pudding as it can turn out quite gooey!
250g self-raising flour
300g caster sugar
3 heaped tbsps cocoa
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsps baileys
2 heaped tsp cocoa
200g icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line two 8″/20cm round tins. You can use a slightly larger, deeper tin and cook it for longer to create more of a pudding as it will most likely be gooier.
2. Put all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix.
3. Make a well and add the wet ingredients.
4. Melt the margarine in a pan and add the baileys.
5. Add the margarine and baileys to the mixture and beat altogether well.
6. Divide the mixture into the two tins and bake for around 35 minutes or 45 if you’ve done all the mixture into one tin.
7. Leave to cool in the tin before turning it out.
8. For the icing melt the margarine and baileys
9. Add the dry ingredients and then leave until it’s thickened somewhat and pour it over the cake